28th - 31st May 2019
Building on our previous CPD courses on tobacco control and alcohol policy, the UK Centre for Tobacco and Alcohol Studies is delighted to be offering the CPD course on nicotine and tobacco again in 2019!
Taught by world-leading academics and practitioners, the module is aimed at professionals working in a range of organisations who are interested in public health and policy in the UK or internationally.
In addition to the topics covered on our previous tobacco CPDs, we will also be examining in detail the current evidence on tobacco harm reduction, electronic cigarettes and other nicotine-containing devices.
Draft Programme for 2019:
• Describe and discuss patterns of tobacco consumption, prevalence and addiction and the rise
of e-cigarette use.
• Assess key milestones in tobacco and nicotine policy and the contribution of policy in developing and implementing effective interventions.
• Critically discuss the role of commercial interests, including the tobacco industry, in promoting tobacco use and recent controversies regarding the e-cigarette industry.
• Describe and discuss the range of effective interventions to reduce tobacco use and the place of tobacco harm reduction, including e-cigarettes, in addressing tobacco use.
• Assess the potential impact of current and emerging tobacco control priorities on different population groups, including tobacco harm reduction approaches.
• Discuss principles of media advocacy as applied to current issues in tobacco control.
Prof Jeff Collin - The tobacco industry
Dr Angela Attwood - Nicotine dependence
Prof Ann McNeill -Smoking and Mental Health
Martine Stead - Mass media for smoking prevention & cessation
Prof John Britton - Health effects of tobacco and nicotine
Prof Linda Bauld - Policies on nicotine and tobacco: an overview
Prof Amanda Amos - Young people, smoking and e-cigarette use
Dr Jamie Brown - Latest trends in cigarette smoking and electronic cigarette use
Dr Catherine Kimber - Treatment approaches for stopping smoking including harm reduction
Please and download and complete an application form and send to: email@example.com