21st - 24th May 2018
Building on our previous CPD courses on tobacco control and alcohol policy, the UK Centre for Tobacco and Alcohol Studies is delighted to be offering the CPD course on nicotine and tobacco again in 2018!
Successfully introduced in 2015, the course is aimed at professionals working in a range of organisations who are interested in public health and policy in the UK or internationally. The module is taught by world-leading academics and practitioners.
In addition to the topics covered on our previous tobacco CPDs, we will also be examining in detail the current evidence on tobacco harm reduction, electronic cigarettes and other nicotine-containing devices.
Final Programme for 2018:
• Describe and discuss patterns of tobacco consumption, prevalence and addiction and the rise
of e-cigarette use.
• Assess key milestones in tobacco and nicotine policy and the contribution of policy in developing and implementing effective interventions.
• Critically discuss the role of commercial interests, including the tobacco industry, in promoting tobacco use and recent controversies regarding the e-cigarette industry.
• Describe and discuss the range of effective interventions to reduce tobacco use and the place of tobacco harm reduction, including e-cigarettes, in addressing tobacco use.
• Assess the potential impact of current and emerging tobacco control priorities on different population groups, including tobacco harm reduction approaches.
• Discuss principles of media advocacy as applied to current issues in tobacco control.
Prof Jeff Collin - The tobacco industry - University of Edinburgh
Dr Angela Attwood - Nicotine dependence - University of Bristol
Prof Ann McNeill -Smoking and Mental Health - Kings College London
Martine Stead - Mass media for smoking prevention & cessation - University of Stirling & Open University
Prof John Britton - Health effects of tobacco and nicotine - University of Nottingham
Prof Linda Bauld - Policies on nicotine and tobacco: an overview - University of Stirling
Prof Amanda Amos - Young people, smoking and e-cigarette use - University of Edinburgh
Dr Jamie Brown - Latest trends in cigarette smoking and electronic cigarette use - University College London
Dr Lynne Dawkins - Treatment approaches for cessation & harm reduction - London South Bank University
Karen House - Smoking cessation for hard to reach groups - Leicester Stop Smoking Service
Please and download and complete an application form and send to: email@example.com